A 3-year-old girl awakens at her own burial, is taken to the hospital, but passes away again.

When Camila Roxana Martinez Mendoza first began experiencing stomach pain, vomiting, and fever, she was only three years old. Her parents became very concerned and went right away to a pediatrician in Villa de Ramos, where she was born and raised. The pediatrician urged the parents to take Camila to a hospital in the central Mexican state of San Luis Potos because they thought Camila’s condition might be more serious than it appeared to be.

Doctors there sought to reduce Camila’s body temperature by applying a cold towel to her lower body while also prescribing her paracetamol. She was given an oximetar at the same time to monitor her oxygen levels.

Sadly, she didn’t get much better, so her parents decided to get a second opinion from a physician at another hospital. Mary Jane was instructed to feed Camila more fruits and vegetables in addition to the additional drugs that were given for her. Camila was subsequently transferred to the Salinas hospital between 9 and 10 p.m. where she was quickly hospitalized because this didn’t help either.

They desired to administer her with intravenous treatment. Oxygen was administered to her slowly. Because they couldn’t locate her tiny veins, they didn’t place it on her; eventually, a nurse succeeded, the mother told the Daily Mail. Camila was transported to another room to rest once the IV drip was stopped, and her mother wasn’t permitted to be there.

“She still was hugging me, they took her away and told me, ‘You have to let her rest in peace,’” Mary Jane recalled.

The doctor had hardly been outside a short while when he broke the most heartbreaking news to the parents. Dehydration was the cause of their girl’s death. Millions of bits of their universe fell apart.

The glass pane of Camila’s casket began to fog up the day of her funeral, and her grandmother insisted that they open it. When they did, they noticed Camila moving her eyes and pulsing. The girl was declared dead after being pronounced at the hospital after being sent there in a hurry; cerebral edema was cited as the cause of death.

“That was really where my baby was done. We are devastated because my girl was a very happy person, she got along with everyone, she didn’t single anyone out. We have many people on the ranch who support us because she was cherished,” her mom said.

Her first death certificate stated the cause of death as just dehydration, while the second one listed it as dehydration along with cerebral edema and metabolic failure.

“What I really want is for justice to be served. I have no grudge against the doctors [who] went to extreme [measures],” her grieving mother told NY Post. “I only ask that the doctors, nurses and directors be changed so that it does not happen again,” she finished.

San Luis Potosí State Attorney General Jose Luis Ruiz is looking into the case asthe family is waiting for the results of the autopsy to be revealed.

We can’t even imagine what it might have felt like for these parents to lose their daughter twice. May she rest in peace.

Rate article